Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Missing You

I'm not really happy with this card.  I just got my first order of Copics in today (yay me!) and I love them, but I'm still learning how to work with 'em.  I hate these flowers.  I usually use ink on them to give dimension, but I thought I'd try the copics.  I used the blender pen to try to blend the dark color outward, to look natural....obviously I didn't do a very good job of it.  LOL.  Here it is anyway.


Also  entered in the following challenges:

Etsy Inspired:  Inspired by this












9 comments:

de said...

Another gorgeous card! Your coloring rocks!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Carina said...

Aww so sweet!

Thanks for playing with us at Cowgirls up!

Hugs

Carina

Katie said...

I think you did great!
Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

Gina said...

I think your flowers look fine :D A bit of practice will help you find the technique you need to achieve the specific look you want. I draw the tip of the pen gently round the outer edge of paper flowers. The pens are so "inky" it just soaks inwards. Thank you for playing at Cowgirls Sunday Challenge XXX

Poppet said...

I think you card looks great Jessica. You have blended the colours really well on the image and sometimes the copics don't like certain types of material. I used them on a flower once and the colour just bled and would not blend so it may not be you it may be the medium you are using.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC. :-) xx

BethieJ said...

I think your card is DARLING!!! Nice job with the copics!
Thanks for joining us at PIO! Have a GREAT day!

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Pollycraft this week :)

Milliesmarvels said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
Jane
x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Congrats on getting Copics! This is a very sweet card and I like the flowers. Thanks for joining in our challenge at ACLP:D